Author Topic: Sway Bar Orientation  (Read 135 times)

PeterPortugal

• View Profile
Sway Bar Orientation
« on: January 16, 2021, 05:19:26 AM »
Hi everybody,

Hope you're all well. Like many others I have found myself with some time on my hands recently so my car has benefitted !

I removed and rebuilt the front subframe and suspension but have now run into a small issue.

When I went to refit the sway bar I thought there would be an obvious way to fit it but it seems you can fit it in two possible ways. I am not sure which is the right one. I can best describe it as the sway bar ends which locate on the links with the control arms could be located in a high or low position before tightening the link.

Does anybody have any advice for determining the correct orientation?

The car is a 1963 220Seb

Best Regards

Peter

PeterPortugal

• View Profile
Re: Sway Bar Orientation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 06:38:48 AM »
HaHa....I can answer my own question after careful inspection.

Those clever German folks actually stamp "Oben" on it and Google Translate tells me that means "Above"

Squiggle Dog

• IMA Universal Wagon Lover
    • View Profile
    • Fintail.org
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 01:41:15 PM »
Good that you found out! Another member here went through a similar experience and figured it out. http://penoff.com/1965_220SEb_Blog/Entries/2019/4/13_Spring_Has_Sprung!.html
Stop paying for animal enslavement, cruelty, and slaughter. Save your health and the planet. Go vegan! I did 17 years ago. https://challenge22.com/

1967 W110 230 Universal Wagon Project
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel 346,000

PeterPortugal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 03:34:38 AM »
Thanks Squiggle Dog....that blog is quite useful and I am glad it wasn't just me who has had problems,

It is actually easier to put the sway back incorrectly so I think there are probably plenty out there !