Author Topic: 1967 W110 RHD Universal Is Finally Up For Sale  (Read 297 times)

Squiggle Dog

• IMA Universal Wagon Lover
    • View Profile
    • Fintail.org
1967 W110 RHD Universal Is Finally Up For Sale
« on: December 19, 2019, 01:21:33 PM »
Well, well, well... Some of you may remember this right hand drive wagon I was trying to buy a year ago that was in a field in New Mexico, but the seller stopped responding:

Here's a right hand drive 1967 W110 Universal. The seller contacted me and didn't know what to ask for it but said I was welcome to make an offer. It's rust-free, complete, and runs. I told him I was interested in it and didn't hear back for a while. I figured it would be an awesome car to daily drive to replace my 1980 W116 300SD while I restore the Universal I currently have. I didn't even have a chance to make an offer and when he responded, he said he decided to list it on eBay for top dollar and would start the bidding at $10,000. So, I imagine it will show up there if he gets around to it.

The same seller has a 230S with a sunroof for $1,500. But once again, I'm not getting any response to my emails. Maybe it will show up on eBay, too. Oh, well. It looks like it has rust issues, anyway.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty bummed out about not being able to make anything happen. I have the money, but people won't take it for whatever reason. And then on the other hand, I'm finding cars that would kinda-sorta work, but then they are a long distance away and the sellers want top dollar for them. I search Mercedes forums, classified ads, eBay, and Craigslist nationwide daily. It might get to the point where I just give up on fintails because it's getting too difficult and too expensive these days.

It's finally listed on eBay, but it's currently in Texas. The paint sure cleaned up nicely. https://www.ebay.com/itm/174129690977?ul_noapp=true

« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 08:50:33 PM by Squiggle Dog »
Stop paying for animal enslavement, cruelty, and slaughter. Save your health and the planet. Go vegan! I did 17 years ago. https://challenge22.com/

1967 W110 230 Universal Wagon Project
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel 346,000