Author Topic: Unsafe tail lights in modern traffic  (Read 931 times)

Scoot

• View Profile
Re: Unsafe tail lights in modern traffic
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 10:19:04 AM »
So after really trying to save the car, the insurance company ruled that it was totaled.
Ask for a cash settlement in which you keep the car.  It will be a little lower than what they offer you just to total the car and take it but then you can have it fixed yourself.
1965 300SE Lang
1959 Borgward Isabella Coupé

Squiggle Dog

• IMA Universal Wagon Lover
    • View Profile
    • Fintail.org
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 10:00:09 AM »
Ask for a cash settlement in which you keep the car.  It will be a little lower than what they offer you just to total the car and take it but then you can have it fixed yourself.

I agree with this.
Stop paying for animal enslavement, cruelty, and slaughter. Save your health and the planet. Go vegan! I did 17 years ago. https://challenge22.com/

1967 W110 230 Universal Wagon Project
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel 346,000

fitts07

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 12:22:48 PM »
That makes sense. I would go that route too.
Its what non-car people dont get. They see all cars as just two tons of wires, glass, metal and rubber. That's all they see. People like you or I know, we have an unshakable belief that cars are living entities. You can develop a relationship with a car, and thats just what non-car people don't get.

Bidart39

• 1964 Mercedes W111 220Sb
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2019, 01:23:25 PM »
Thanks for the advice! In the end I let them take it, but a great mechanic and friend of mine is bidding on it at the auction. I believe that he will end up with the car, which I'm very happy about. He knows these cars inside and out and will slowly fix the damage.

Squiggle Dog

• IMA Universal Wagon Lover
    • View Profile
    • Fintail.org
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 07:43:34 PM »
Thanks for the advice! In the end I let them take it, but a great mechanic and friend of mine is bidding on it at the auction. I believe that he will end up with the car, which I'm very happy about. He knows these cars inside and out and will slowly fix the damage.

Oh, no... but also good if your friend gets it. Say hi to Michael for me (I feel there is a 95% chance that's who it is)!
Stop paying for animal enslavement, cruelty, and slaughter. Save your health and the planet. Go vegan! I did 17 years ago. https://challenge22.com/

1967 W110 230 Universal Wagon Project
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel 346,000

Cth350

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 09:31:02 PM »
You don't have to accept their decision to total it. Unless of course, it's too late and it's gone. -CTH