Author Topic: Buying Parts From w114selo  (Read 34 times)

LWB250

• View Profile
Buying Parts From w114selo
« on: August 04, 2019, 10:59:18 AM »
Just wanted to post a separate thread on this.

w114selo is a seller on eBay who is located in Turkey. They sell a number of items for W108/110/111/112/114/123, etc., cars. I have purchased a dash pad from them ($1000) for my 1965 220SEb and a couple other items.

My dash pad took less than a week to arrive via DHL and was well packed. The quality was very good and I am very pleased with it. Making the leap to spend $1000 with some seller halfway around the world was a tough one, but a number of people here and elsewhere vouched for them so I did it. I would do it again.

I recently purchased a set of door seals for the same car on June 28. The seals were estimated to arrive before August 1st, and since I wasn't in a big hurry, the delivery wasn't an issue.  As of the 1st they had not arrived and the shipping estimate had not been updated, so I contacted the seller. That was on Friday, which if you're not aware is the equivalent of Sunday for many folks in that part of the world, so I didn't expect a response right away.

I got a reply this morning from the seller letting me know that he's having some issues with the manufacturer and hasn't been able to get these in a timely manner of late. As a result of this, he refunded my money without hesitation.

I realize that sometimes stuff happens that we don't have control over, so I'm OK with this. They did the right thing as a seller and did so without question. While I would like to have had the seals, it's not a big deal.

I guess my point is that w114selo does a good job and I would certainly buy from them again. If delivery is out a ways for the item I will ask first to see if there are issues with lead time so I know up front and consider that in my purchase decision.

Dan

Robin

• View Profile
Re: Buying Parts From w114selo
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 08:00:17 PM »
Thank you for the report on this seller. I too have a need of a new dash and will likely pursue getting it from him now, as I wasn't ready to take the leap of faith myself.
Robin

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

fitts07

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 08:57:35 PM »
I bought door seals from him as well back in the spring. Now exactly OE quality but they work good. Fast shipping too.
Its what non-car people dont get. They see all cars as just two tons of wires, glass, metal and rubber. That's all they see. People like you or I know, we have an unshakable belief that cars are living entities. You can develop a relationship with a car, and thats just what non-car people don't get.

LWB250

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 04:12:18 AM »
Considering that OE door seals are about $400-$500/door, I was going to him for the same. At $220 a set I could replace them several times over if necessary. While I'm all for OE parts whenever possible, unless the car is a concours candidate spending that kind of money doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Hopefully he'll have them in the future.

Dan