Author Topic: "Short" Fuel Pump Core?  (Read 236 times)

LWB250

• View Profile
"Short" Fuel Pump Core?
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:32:06 AM »
Coming home from the upholstery shop after getting my new headliner done, my fuel pump died.

Got it of the car and cracked open this morning to find that one of the brush holders broke loose from the mounting plate and the spring for that brush got chewed up by the armature.

No fix for this bad boy, unfortunately. I was wondering if it has any value to anyone as a core?

If so, let me know what it's worth to you, or if you've maybe got something to barter for it. I don't see any reliable fix for it, and I have no idea how one might find a replacement for the missing brush spring, so it's pretty much a parts donor from what I can see.

As for a replacement, I've got an economical aftermarket approach to things I'll document in my blog.

Dan

tram

• View Profile
Re: "Short" Fuel Pump Core?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 07:29:37 PM »
I have been running aftermarket VW Scirocco/ Jetta/ Dasher/ Rabbit CIS style pumps on all my MFI cars for decades. The original pumps get taken off, cleaned, and stored with Diesel fuel in them. They even work for M100 cars.
Life is sexually transmitted and fatal... so who needs airbags* and ABS?

*W112 excepted

4HQ

• View Profile
Re: "Short" Fuel Pump Core?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 05:01:28 PM »
$200 shipped.

Previous person took it appart, the two pcs shown are the only parts that I found in the box.

Email me if interested.