Author Topic: Buying Parts from vdc-Teileversorgung  (Read 224 times)

LWB250

• View Profile
Buying Parts from vdc-Teileversorgung
« on: March 06, 2019, 08:42:25 PM »
This is the Mercedes-Benz Club of the Fatherland. As some of you already know, they have a huge parts trove as well as occasionally contract to have NLA parts reproduced for the club members, selling overstock to the general public at times. They have a store on US eBay where you can purchase a number of reproduction and NOS parts that you can find here:

https://www.ebay.com/str/mercedesclubs

Due to some recent changes in the EU and German VAT laws, they haven't provided the necessary tax forms to eBay. As a result of this if you attempt to buy something from their eBay store the transaction fails with an error message stating that you can't current buy from them due to tax issues. No other explanation.

Anyway, I contacted them directly and found that they were more than happy to sell directly to me. They just had me send a Paypal payment for the proper amount including shipping for the items I wanted to purchase. Quite helpful folks, I look forward to doing business with them again.

Dan

Squiggle Dog

• IMA Universal Wagon Lover
    • View Profile
    • Fintail.org
Re: Buying Parts from vdc-Teileversorgung
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 09:32:01 PM »
I got a nice set of new old stock Euro-style taillight lenses for my Universal from them directly for less than their eBay prices (which already seemed cheap to me). Initial communication with them took about a month, but then once the order was placed things ran like clockwork.
Stop paying for animal enslavement, cruelty, and slaughter. Save your health and the planet. Go vegan! I did 15 years ago. https://challenge22.com/

1967 W110 230 Universal Wagon Project
1980 W116 300SD Turbo Diesel 346,000

LWB250

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 05:28:51 AM »
I remember you mentioning that. I am seeing them all over eBay now.

Dan

Evlkarl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »
Wow there price are cheap if you compare them with the Classic Center. $85.00 for a tail lens for a W114 is a bargain you can not buy them that cheap at the Vaterland.

LWB250

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 07:09:11 PM »
I got a nice set of new old stock Euro-style taillight lenses for my Universal from them directly for less than their eBay prices (which already seemed cheap to me). Initial communication with them took about a month, but then once the order was placed things ran like clockwork.

I got some bumpers ("gummis") that go in the ends of the door checks from them. I got a shipping notification from them within an hour of sending my PP payment.

While it's not exactly correct, dealing with the folks in Germany always reminds me of the line from Don Henley's song, "Garden of Allah":

"I love those Bavarians. They're so meticulous."

Dan